The Holidays can be a tough time to stay spiritually strong. We have things to buy, family to spend time with, traveling to do, the house to be cleaned, ect…
However, the holidays also provide opportunities to grow and Re-focus ourselves spiritually.
The following are 10 Tips to not only surviving the Holidays spiritually, but thriving through the Holidays!
(These have been adapted from a “midweek” lesson done by Jeff Schachinger)
- Pick a topic you would like to study through January. (Rom 15:4)
- Stay in touch with your brothers and sisters in Christ. (Heb 10:24-25)
- Read a good book.
- Stay Evangelistic (Acts 16:11-15).
- Stay prayerful. (1 Thess 5:16).
- Prioritize what’s important: God, Family, Kingdom. (Matt 6:31)
- Keep yourself healthy. (1 Timothy 4:18)
- Remember you are in the world, but not of it! (John 17)
- Practice Gratitude often.
- Develop a Spiritual “Vision Plan” for yourself for 2020.
We can have a great time in during the holidays and stay strong through it – but you must set your mind to it. Don’t fall victim to the December fog! Stay focused on the right things – that way you won’t limp into 2020 – you’ll run!