This past Saturday, we had an amazing joint event with the Teens from The Hartford Church of Christ. It was an action packed day of activities and fellowship with our teen counterparts from down the road.
- We began the day with an ice breaker activity where Teens had to learn 3 interesting things about their teen counterparts.
- We said a prayer for a fun time together and for an injury free day (which God answered).
- We commenced to have an intense tug-o-war battle that went down to the wire.
- We then played a plethora of Dodgeball games and introduced the infamous “Golden Ball” which had the ability to end the game with one throw!
- The last activity was a choice between Knockout Basketball and Kickball.
- After burning all of this energy we of course had to end with Lunch!
We really had a blast. There were no arguments during the competitions because we are all truly happy just to be together. It really didn’t matter who the winners and losers were and the Teens displayed amazing sportsmanship and a maturity about what was really important about this day. God really blessed our time together. Just observing how the teens interacted reminded me of this scripture:
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
There was not one real argument amongst the teens during the competitions! They were supportive of each other and played by the rules, this is not conforming to the world!
A special thank you to Julius Ferrer for spearheading the event and to the Hartford Teens who made it such an enjoyable time!
Unfortunately, this was the only surviving photo from this epic day that was taken during our lunch together: